Charlene Tressler Memorial Scholarship 2021-2022
Apply to the Charlene Tressler Memorial Scholarship and you could be awarded $2,500 for school tuition, books, or fees!
The Charlene Tressler Memorial Scholarship Fund has been established to honor Charlene, Child Development Associates’ founder and Co-Executive Director for 37 years, who passed away on March 29, 2011. Charlene was a spirited and devoted leader in the field of early childhood education on both the local and statewide level. The intent of this scholarship is to encourage the pursuit of her passion— to provide the highest quality early childhood education to all young children. The objective of this scholarship is to raise funds to aid and support those working with young children in advancing their education in the early childhood field.
The Charlene Tressler Memorial Scholarship is ONLY open to:
- Current college/university students, current community college students, adult re-entry students or individuals planning to attend (within 12 months) a public or private 4-year college/university
or community college in San Diego County.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development (ages 0-
5; does not include those studying K-12 education).
- Applicants must have a career goal to work in San Diego County as a teacher or administrator with
children ages 0-5 years.
- Students currently enrolled in school must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale (GPAs
- Students currently enrolled in school must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale (GPAs are unweighted)
- Have a demonstrated financial need.
- United States citizen or permanent resident.
Past Recipients May Re-apply and Will Compete With All Other Applicants.
Number of Awards: 1 Award
Amount: $2,500 each
This scholarship may be used for tuition, books, and fees!
- Online application.
- Personal statement to include:
- Why do you want to pursue a degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development?
- What are your goals in the field of Early Childhood Education or Child Development?
- If applicable, tell us about your experience as an early childhood teacher, teacher’s aide, support teacher or administrator
February 3, 2021 at 2PM