Charlene Tressler Memorial Scholarship 2018-2019
Apply to the Charlene Tressler Memorial Scholarship and you could be awarded $1,500 for school tuition, books, or fees!
The Charlene Tressler Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in honor of Charlene Tressler, Child Development Associates’ founder and Co-Executive Director for 37 years, who passed away on March 29, 2011. Charlene was a spirited and devoted leader in the field of early childhood education on both the local and statewide level. The objective of this scholarship is to raise funds to aid and support those working with young children in advancing their education in the early childhood field.
The Charlene Tressler Memorial Scholarship is ONLY open to:
- Current college/university students, current community college students, adult re-entry students or individuals planning to attend (within 12 months) a public or private 4-year college/university or community college in San Diego County
- Applicants must be currently employed in a paid position as a teacher, teacher’s aide, support teacher or administrator in a San Diego County licensed child care facility, or San Diego County licensed home day care with at least three children ages 0-5 years
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development (ages 0- 5; does not include those studying K-12 education)
- Applicants must have a career goal to work in San Diego County as a teacher or administrator with children ages 0-5 years
- Students currently enrolled in school must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale (GPAs are unweighted)
- Have a demonstrated financial need
- United States citizen or permanent resident.
Recipients will be asked to submit a letter from their employer or a copy of their California family child care license as verification prior to receiving the scholarship. This scholarship may be used for tuition, books, and fees!
Past Recipients May Re-apply and Will Compete With All Other Applicants.
Number of Awards: 2 Awards
Amount: $1,500 each
Online application form with a personal statement requirement. Describe your recent experience working as an early childhood teacher, teacher’s aide, support teacher or administrator. Include your positions, what age groups of children you worked with, and what types of childcare facilities you worked in and/or your leadership experience.
February 5, 2019 at 2:00pm.
Applications are no longer being accepted. Thank you to all the participants!